- Strong focus on complete programs as examples throughout the book
- Use of object-oriented concepts from the beginning
- Extensive use of GUIs to give programs a modern and visually interesting feel
- A chapter and an appendix devoted to debugging C# programs
- Quiz questions and programming exercises are provided at the end of every chapter.
- Summaries of key language features appear throughout, in a novel and precise way
- Several appendices cross-reference key features in the book
- Includes a chapter giving a taste of graphics, events, networking and web programming.